Texas Terror Suspect Arrested After Bomb Video
Texas police arrested Afghan evacuee Mohammad Dawood Alokozay after a TikTok video allegedly showed him making a bomb.
This week, an Afghan national named Mohammad Dawood Alokozay was arrested in Texas. He reportedly posted a TikTok video claiming he was building a bomb and planning to target a building in the Fort Worth area. The Department of Homeland Security (DHS) shared this information with Fox News.
Alokozay was arrested just a day before a separate and deadly shooting in Washington, D.C., involving another Afghan national, Rahmanullah Lakanwal.
Who is Mohammad Dawood Alokozay?
Mohammad Dawood Alokozay is an Afghan national who came to the United States through Operation Allies Welcome, a program launched during Joe Biden's presidency to provide protection to Afghans following the US withdrawal from Afghanistan. He had been living in the US since then and remained unidentified until this week, when authorities said he posted a TikTok video claiming he was building a bomb to target a building in the Fort Worth, Texas, area. Alokozay was taken into custody on Tuesday in a joint operation by the Texas Department of Public Safety and the FBI's Joint Terrorism Task Force. Following his arrest, US Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) placed him on detainer, meaning he will remain in custody until immigration officials determine their next steps.
DC Shooting and Second Afghan Suspect
Alokozay's arrest came just a day before the White House shooting, which involved another Afghan national. Lakanwal, 29, is accused of shooting two National Guard members near the White House on Wednesday. One of the soldiers, Spec. Sarah Beckstrom, died from her injuries, while the other is injured.
According to The Washington Post, Lakanwal was initially charged with the attack.
Lakanwal also came to the US in 2021 under Operation Allies Welcome, a similar program to Alokoze. He lived in Washington State, applied for asylum in December of last year, and was approved in April. Investigators said he had no criminal record before the shooting. CIA Director John Ratcliffe confirmed that Lakanwal had previously worked with the US government, including the CIA, as part of a partner force in Kandahar. Following the DC shooting, President Donald Trump said his administration would re-screen every Afghan citizen entering the US during Biden's presidency. He also announced a complete halt to immigration requests from Afghan citizens, a ban on visas for those traveling on Afghan passports, and a ban on all migration from "third-world countries," which includes several countries in Africa, South Asia, and the Middle East.
What's Your Reaction?
Like
0
Dislike
0
Love
0
Funny
0
Angry
0
Sad
0
Wow
0